MIT-SUTD Dual Masters Programme
The MIT-SUTD Dual Masters' Programme is offered in collaboration by the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) in Singapore, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the USA. This programme supports outstanding individuals to maximise their potential in the fields of technology and design.
This is a full-time programme where students will spend up to one year in MIT, USA, and the other year in SUTD, Singapore. Upon completion, each student will graduate with two masters degrees: one from MIT and another from SUTD.
Coursework at MIT
Students will spend 9 to 13 months learning from MIT faculty who possess a wealth of teaching experience and research expertise. Each student will pursue his/her study in one of the following programmes:
- Civil and Environmental Engineering’s Master of Engineering Program, specialising in one of four tracks:
- Environmental and Water Quality Engineering
- High-Performance Structures
- Master of Engineering in Advanced Manufacturing and Design
- System Design and Management Program, leading to a Master of Science in Engineering and Management
- Integrated Design & Management Program, leading to a Master of Science in Engineering and Management
- Supply Chain Management Program, leading to a Master of Engineering in Logistics [View programme brochure]
Research at SUTD
Students will work on research with experts in their fields. After completing a second thesis by research, they will obtain one of these three Masters’ degrees based on their focus areas.
Potential Candidates Profile
This programme is for bright, talented, enthusiastic and passionate individuals who are committed to a high level of achievement, not only for his own personal enrichment, but also in his professional and academic development. We are looking for candidates from diverse cultural and academic backgrounds, with a broad range of personal and professional experiences. Scholarship Successful candidates to the programme may be provided with full scholarship, which covers:
- Full tuition fees in MIT and SUTD
- Monthly stipend in MIT and SUTD
- Overseas medical insurance
- Return economy-class airfare between MIT and SUTD
Click on the links below to find out what our graduates have to say.
Hear Lee Jun Bum (Class of 2013) as he shares his experience of the MIT-SUTD Dual Masters' Programme.