Far East Engineering / Architecture Scholarship
While Far East Organization is committed to being the Developer of Choice for its functional and innovative design in its developments, the Organization also strongly believes in being a committed Developer of People and has generously established scholarships for dynamic SUTD undergraduates who demonstrate creative and entrepreneurial skills.
- Open to all nationalities.
- Has outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' level, Local Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications.
- Shows exemplary Co-Curricular Activities records.
- Has good leadership qualities and potential.
- Displays creative and entrepreneurial skills.
- The Scholarship covers the subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant) for the normal duration of the respective courses at SUTD. It also provides fixed annual allowance for the recipients. For recipients who subsequently choose to major in the Architecture and Sustainable Design (ASD) pillar, their scholarship will be extended until the fulfilment of the Master of Architecture degree requirement (subject to terms and conditions).
- Recipients are required to serve 1 year internship commitment with the sponsoring organisation.
- Recipients may not, without the approval of the University, hold concurrently any other scholarships or grants.
- The Scholarship covers the normal duration of undergraduate studies on condition that:
- the recipient is to maintain a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 over 5.0 which is on track to at least an equivalent of a Magna
Cum Laude Honours degree;
- the recipient’s academic performance will be reviewed every term.
- Recipients are required to take on the role of student ambassador, or any other similar role, representing SUTD to give publicity talks, to receive guests, etc., as and when called upon to do so.
- The scholarship may be withdrawn at any time if, in the opinion of the University, the recipient’s academic progress or conduct is deemed unsatisfactory.
- If the recipient decides to terminate the scholarship prematurely, SUTD reserves the right to impose a repayment on a case-by-case basis.
- Once students are matriculated in SUTD, the University will consider students for award of the Scholarship.
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified in due course.
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of competition among eligible applicants.
- SUTD reserves the right not to award any scholarship if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. The decision of the selection committee is final. Enquiries or disputes surrounding its decisions will not be entertained.
Far East Organization is the largest private property developer in Singapore that has contributed significantly to changing Singapore’s skylines and real estate industry. Its operations span the full spectrum of the real estate market, from residential to hospitality, commercial, retail and industrial sectors. It is also the largest private residential landlord and one of the largest owner-operators of hotels in Singapore.