The SUTD PhD Programme offers you a chance to collaborate with the best in their fields.
We share and support your passion for innovation and dedication to breakthrough research that will make a difference to the world. Our PhD Programme has been designed to offer you:
- Interdisciplinary and collaborative research opportunities
- Access to multiple world-class faculty with co-supervision flexibility
- Leading-edge research experience through potential overseas research attachments at top universities worldwide
- Close research collaborations and exposure to industry through local or overseas internships
- Participation in a multi-disciplinary design experience
- Professional development programme and teaching experience
- Attractive scholarship funding
Be a part of the SUTD PhD Programme that will groom you to be a trend-setter and leader in your field of expertise, excelling as faculty in world-class institutions and key innovative researchers and scientists in the industry.
Our PhD students choose to pursue a PhD under one of our 4 pillars upon enrolment and will graduate with a Doctor of Philosophy degree under the same pillar. The PhD curriculum and graduation requirements are pillar-specific and we invite you to visit our pillars’ websites for further details.
In general, PhD Programme students are required to pass the following in order to graduate:
- Coursework requirements
- Oral and/or written examination
- Submission of a thesis for examination board's approval
- Minimum Residency: 3 years
- Maximum Residency: 5 years
Back to Top