Yeo Hiap Seng Engineering Scholarship
Yeo Hiap Seng (YHS) is a company that strives to pursue continuous excellence in its innovation and with its intimate knowledge and understanding of consumers’ needs and trends, it has developed a diversified range of food and beverage products that have made strong impact in many parts of the world. Given its firm belief in producing products of the highest quality, YEO’S has successfully expanded beyond Asian horizons and is making its mark as a well-known international brand.
As such, in line with YHS’ mission of providing “our customers with high quality and best value products through the constant pursuit of innovation and excellence”, the Yeo Hiap Seng Engineering Scholarship is established to support deserving outstanding full-time undergraduates who would be selecting the Engineering Product Development (EPD) pillar to achieve excellence in their studies.
- Open to all nationalities.
- Has outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' level, Local Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications.
- Shows exemplary Co-Curricular Activities records.
- Has good leadership qualities and potential.
- The Scholarship covers the subsidised tuition fees (after Tuition Grant) for the normal duration of the respective courses at SUTD. It also provides fixed annual allowance for the recipients.
- Successful awardees are to read a full-time undergraduate degree programme leading to a first degree in the Bachelor of Engineering with a major in Engineering Product Development.
- Recipients are required to serve 1 year internship commitment with the sponsoring organisation.
- Recipients may not, without the approval of the University, hold concurrently any other scholarships or grants.
- The Scholarship covers the normal duration of undergraduate studies on condition that:
- the recipient is to maintain a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 over 5.0 which is on track to at least an equivalent of a Magna
Cum Laude Honours degree;
- the recipient’s academic performance will be reviewed every term.
- Recipients are required to take on the role of student ambassador, or any other similar role, representing SUTD to give publicity talks, to receive guests, etc., as and when called upon to do so.
- The scholarship may be withdrawn at any time if, in the opinion of the University, the recipient’s academic progress or conduct is deemed unsatisfactory.
- If the recipient decides to terminate the scholarship prematurely, SUTD reserves the right to impose a repayment on a case-by-case basis.
- Once students are matriculated in SUTD, the University will consider students for award of the Scholarship.
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified in due course.
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of competition among eligible applicants.
- SUTD reserves the right not to award any scholarship if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. The decision of the selection committee is final. Enquiries or disputes surrounding its decisions will not be entertained.