How do I apply for scholarships at SUTD?

Information on SUTD-administered scholarships can be found here. In your online application for admission, simply check the box in the section on Scholarships to indicate your interest to apply. If you have financial need, you may wish to improve your chances of securing a scholarship with a higher quantum of support by separately applying for financial aid (those enrolling in the immediate year will receive an email invite to apply for financial support upon receiving the admission offer notification).
Students who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership qualities, special talents, good moral character and strong community spirit, could be recognised and rewarded with distinguished scholarships awarded by SUTD, generous donors and sponsor corporations.
Do note that these scholarships are limited in numbers and are awarded on the basis of competition among eligible applicants. For International Students, scholarships generally cover up to the tuition fees for a Singapore Citizen.

What are the terms and conditions of the scholarships?

The terms and conditions of the various SUTD-administered scholarships are available on the respective scholarship pages.

Scholarship recipients will also receive the scholarship agreement which details the terms and conditions when school term starts.

How can I apply for a scholarship if I am not offered one at admission?

Students will receive email notifications whenever there are SUTD-administered mid-term scholarships open for application. You can submit an application if you meet the stipulated criteria.

Do note that these scholarships are limited in numbers and are awarded on the basis of competition among eligible applicants. For International Students, scholarships generally cover up to the tuition fees for a Singapore Citizen unless specified otherwise.

Alternatively, you may consider applying for external scholarships.

How do I apply for financial aid at SUTD?

Incoming Students: via Admissions Portal
Existing Students: via MyPortal

More information on financial aid can be found here.

When can I start applying for financial aid?

Incoming Students:
For students admitting in the impending intake, application for financial aid may be made upon being selected for a conversation with SUTD faculty/leader. Students who have a place reserved for future intakes may apply for financial aid in the year of your matriculation.
Existing Students:
The main financial aid application cycle is usually held at the start of the year. Students will be notified on the application window via email.

All students will be assessed on your eligibility for Government BursariesSUTD Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG)* and/or SUTD-administered Study/Bursary Awards/Special Programme/Grants.
*The grant from the SEOG may comprise donor-supported EOGs and/or donor bursary awards. Funding for hostel fees is only applicable for the Freshmore terms where hostel stay is compulsory.

What should I do if I missed the main financial aid application?

The main financial aid application cycle takes place once a year. However, there are also ad-hoc application cycles for the Government Bursaries. Students will be notified on the application windows via email.

Eligible applicants are entitled to receive Government Bursaries only once in each academic year. Reapplication is required every year.

Students who have been awarded Government Bursaries under the main application cycle do not have to re-apply during the ad-hoc application cycles for the Government Bursaries within the same calendar year.

When will I know the results for my financial aid application made during Admission?

You can expect to receive your interim financial aid offer via email when you fulfilled both of the following points:

  1. Received a successful admission outcome
  2. Submitted your complete financial aid application

Please note that the award(s) stated in the interim offer is/are subject to change after assessment of your financial need.

If you are unsuccessful in the application, you may apply again in the following year.

Is there financial aid for International Students?

Financial aid for International Students are very limited. International Students may apply for Tuition Fee Loan and Study Loan to help defray your tuition fees. It is important to note that the loan amount is capped at the tuition fees for a Singapore Citizen.
Outstanding International Students who have applied for SUTD scholarships may also be awarded a scholarship along with your admission offer.
Students should fully consider your financial options before deciding whether to accept the admission offer

Do I have to repay the financial aid awards awarded to me?

No repayment is required. However in the event that you withdraw or terminate your course of study in SUTD prematurely, you will be required to refund the monies. You will be required to inform the Office of Student Administration via email at regarding your withdrawal or terminated status.

Does SUTD administer the Mendaki Tertiary Tuition Fee Subsidy (TTFS)?

No, this subsidy is administered by Yayasan Mendaki.

Please visit the Mendaki Tertiary Tuition Fee Subsidy (TTFS) page or Yayasan Mendaki's website for more information.

How will the financial aid awards be utilised?

Government Bursaries:
For Higher Education Community Bursary (HECB) and Higher Education Bursary (HEB), the funds will be directly credited to the recipients’ bank accounts.
SUTD Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG)* and/or SUTD-administered Study/Bursary Awards:
The awards will be used to offset your tuition fees directly. Any excess will be carried forward to the following academic term.
*The grant from the SEOG may comprise donor-supported EOGs and/or donor bursary awards. Funding for hostel fees is only applicable for the Freshmore terms where hostel stay is compulsory.

SUTD-administered Special Programme/Grants:
The funds will be directly credited to the recipients’ bank accounts.
All financial aid awards do not cover Compulsory Miscellaneous Fees. Except for SEOG, all other financial aid awards do not provide funding for hostel fees.

What if I had applied for financing schemes such as Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA), Tuition Fee Loan (TFL), CPF Education Loan Scheme (CPFELS) and/or Study Loan (SL), but I am then given financial aid awards?

Your financial aid awards will apply first, followed by PSEA, CPFELS, TFL and SL, depending on which scheme you had applied for.

Can I accept more than 1 financial aid award?

Yes, students may be awarded more than one financial aid award depending on your financial situation.

Is it compulsory to stay in the student hostel? Is there a curfew?

Yes, Freshmores are required to reside at the hostel during Terms 1 and 2 including those who live near the campus, as residential living is an integrated part of the SUTD Freshmore experience, complementing the cohort-based learning in and out of classrooms.  

While there is no curfew and students are free to return home or go out to attend to personal matters, students are expected to observe stipulated quiet hours to minimise disturbance to fellow residents.

How are students assigned to their rooms? What if I am not comfortable with my assigned roommate?

Freshmore students are paired in double rooms according to the class/cluster they are assigned to. Students complete a lifestyle questionnaire as part of the housing acceptance process, and will be matched with roommates of similar lifestyle habits as far as possible.
As both you and your roommate embark on your university journey, with time you will discover each other’s interests, strengths and quirks, as well as how to support and cheer each other on in this new environment. Do approach the Office of Housing at should you need our help to resolve any differences.

How much does it cost to stay on campus?

Is there any financial aid for students who are unable to afford the housing fees?

There are various options to finance your housing fees:

  1. Singapore Citizens may choose to utilise funds from their Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA) to pay for their housing fees in the first 2 academic terms of their Freshmore year.

  2. All students can apply for a Study Loan from DBS bank which provides an allowance that can be used to pay for the housing fees, provided they are already under a Tuition Fee Loan or the CPF Education Loan Scheme, or receiving the Mendaki Tertiary Tuition Fee Subsidy.

For more information, please refer to the Financing Options page.

What should I bring for my hostel stay?

Please refer this suggested packing list.

What are your admission requirements/cut-off points for the undergraduate degree programmes?

SUTD practises a common admission selection regardless of your programme interest, as all SUTD students will be taking common modules in the first year. You will get to choose your major and are guaranteed your choice at the end of Term 3 without any prerequisites other than passing all your Freshmore modules.
We consider all applications comprehensively, taking into account your academic preparedness as well as your traits, qualities, passion and aspiration for fit with SUTD. For the former, students with strong competency in Mathematics and the Sciences (specifically Physics or Chemistry) are generally preferred. For the latter, through your participation in co-curricular activities, accomplishments, teacher’s recommendations, and responses to our personal insight questions, we hope to gain a better understanding of you as an individual, and if you have the attributes to flourish in SUTD. All shortlisted candidates will also be invited to an interview – so we can get to know you beyond what your online application is telling us.
Admission is subject to merit and fair competition amongst applicants.
For more details on the specific requirements, please refer to the respective webpages:

Singapore Cambridge GCE A-Levels 
Local Polytechnic Diploma
International Baccalaureate Diploma
NUS High School Diploma
International Qualifications

What are the Mother Tongue Language (MTL) requirements for Singapore Citizens (SC)/Permanent Residents (SPR) presenting international qualifications?

All SCs and SPRs are required to fulfil the MTL requirement for admission into full-time publicly-funded undergraduate programmes in the local Autonomous Universities (AUs).

You may apply for admission with no prejudice to your application even if you have not fulfilled the MTL requirement, but will be required to fulfil the MTL requirement during your course of study if accepted into the programme. 

More information can be found here.

What should I submit for my personal portfolio? What does SUTD look out for?

Your personal portfolio should demonstrate your relevant attributes and showcase accomplishments in your interest areas, such as (though not exhaustive): completing external courses in your area of interest (e.g. programming), participating and winning external competitions (e.g. hackathons, IT bug bounty hunt, etc.), personal achievements (coding your own app to solve a problem, starting your own business venture, etc.) or even how you succeeded against all odds in the face of adversity. Through these, we hope to gain a better understanding of you as an individual, and assess if you have the traits to flourish in SUTD.   

Is there an application fee?

A non-refundable application fee of S$20 (inclusive of GST) is payable. Please note that payment must be made by the application closing date. Payment is by debit cards and credit cards only.

What do I need to prepare before I start my online application?

The online application guide can be found here. You can also save your application and submit it when ready, before the application closing deadline.

How do I check my application status? When will I be notified to book my conversation slot?

At any point upon your application submission, you may check your application status via the application portal.

In general, you will be notified by end April if you are selected to attend a conversation session with our faculty/leader.

What can I expect during the conversation with SUTD faculty/leader? How important is this in determining my chance of securing an admission placement?

The conversation with our faculty/leader is an important one as it will provide you with the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about SUTD. It will also help us to understand your motivation for applying to the University, get to know you better and discuss whether SUTD is a good fit for you. If you are selected for our Special Programmes, you will be invited for a special selection exercise which also includes a conversation with our faculty/leader. You will be notified of the details via email once you are selected.

For scholarships, we will be looking out for outstanding achievements in both your academic and co-curricular activities, as well as your service and desire to help the community – which may set you apart from the competition.

Based on the conversation as well as your application profile, our faculty/leader will provide an assessment which will be fully reviewed by the Admissions Selection Committee, who will make the final decision on your admission placement and/or scholarship.

I had not been successful in my application to SUTD in the last admissions exercise. Can I apply again this year with the same results?

You will not be penalised for re-applying in the new admissions exercise and your new application will be assessed in competition with the pool of applicants applying this time round. However, we do recommend that you consider supplementing your new application with additional relevant information not presented previously to improve your chances of being considered for admission.

Are testimonials compulsory?

Applicants will have to either upload one testimonial/recommendation letter or input the referee’s details and email address in the online application form. Your referee(s) should ideally be someone who knows you well (at least 6 months in recent years) and can attest to your character and academic ability, e.g. your principal or high school teacher (preferably teaching Maths/Science), or someone who knows you professionally, e.g. an internship or work supervisor.

How do I appeal against the admissions decision?

Please refer to the timeline and process outlined in the appeal section of the application process here.

Your appeal must represent significant and compelling new academic and/or personal information that was not present at the time of application and which brings merit for reconsideration.

Only applicants who have submitted an application in the current admissions exercise, and have received outcomes of your application may submit an appeal. Appeals can only be submitted here after logging into the SUTD Admissions System. Appeals via any other channels will not be considered.

What is the admission process?

You will generally be notified by end April if you’re selected for a conversation with our faculty/leader.

All applicants will receive an email notification of your admission (and scholarship, if applicable) outcome latest by mid-May. For more information, please refer to the application timeline and process.

What are the undergraduate degree programmes offered by SUTD? Are there any part-time degree programmes?

The undergraduate degree programmes offered by SUTD are all on full-time basis only, and are as follows:  

  • Bachelor of Science (Architecture and Sustainable Design) (8 terms), and an option to pursue two more terms to obtain Master of Architecture (i.e., total 10 terms)

  • Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Science and Design) (8 terms)

  • Bachelor of Science (Design and Artificial Intelligence) (8 terms)

  • Bachelor of Engineering (Engineering Product Development) (8 terms)

  • Bachelor of Engineering (Engineering Systems and Design) (8 terms)

All undergraduate degrees are direct honours, and will be awarded by SUTD.
More information can be found here.

At the moment, we do not offer any part-time undergraduate courses. You may however consider open enrolment courses offered by the SUTD Academy.

Are all students allowed to take a minor in SUTD and what are the requirements?

Currently, students taking up either CSD (formerly ISTD), DAI, EPD or ESD will be able to pursue a minor on top of their major, potentially without having to overload on the number of modules (this depends on the specialisation chosen, if any). You will get to indicate your preferred minor after you have made your choice of major at the end of Term 3. Both the major and minor requirements must be completed within the normal candidature of the undergraduate programme, i.e. 8 terms.

More information on minors can be found here.

How are students assessed?

The grading may be based on a combination of homework, design projects (1D, 2D), class participation/activity, online quizzes, mid-term tests and final exams, with the weightages varying for different subjects.

Students are graded on a GPA of 5.0. To help ease your transition to the university, all four subjects taken in the first Freshmore term are not graded. From the 2019 cohort onwards, students can also choose an additional two subjects from Freshmore terms 2 and 3 to be ungraded.

How do I apply for your special programmes (SUTD-DUKE-NUS Special Track/SHARP/STEP) and what are the admission requirements?

You will need to indicate your intention to apply for either of these special programmes in the online application via SUTD Admissions Portal.

Relevant admission requirements can be found at the following corresponding pages:

You can apply for a maximum of two special programmes, and will be required to rank the programmes in order of your preference. 

Applicants who are shortlisted for STEP/SHARP will be informed of the programme you are shortlisted for, and the specific selection process prior to your interview. For SUTD-Duke-NUS Special Track, applicants must have accepted SUTD’s admission offer first before you can be shortlisted for the conditional admission interview at Duke-NUS.

When is the application window to apply for special programmes? Is there a second window for SUTD students to apply for the programmes after they have enrolled in the university?

The special programmes are available for application at the point of your application for admission to the university. There is no second application window for SHARP and STEP. However, if you have been offered and accepted a place in SUTD, you may indicate your interest to apply for the SUTD-Duke-NUS Special Track here by mid-June, if you had not done so earlier. As the number of places for special programmes are limited, they are also highly competitive.

If I have not been shortlisted/were not successful in my application for the special programmes, will that hurt my chances for admission into the university?

In the event that you are not successful in your application for the special programmes, you will automatically be considered for our single degree programmes, and will not be disadvantaged.

I received the Tuition Grant for my polytechnic course. Am I eligible to take up another Tuition Grant for my undergraduate degree in SUTD?

Yes, you will be eligible to take up the Tuition Grant for your undergraduate degree in SUTD. Details on Tuition Grant can be found here.

What are the tuition fees and other estimated expenses for the undergraduate programme?

What are the research opportunities available in SUTD for undergraduates?

All undergraduates are welcome to participate in the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Programme (UROP), where you can explore your research interests and participate in different phases of standard research activity. Students can either initiate research projects or apply for faculty-led projects. Successful UROP proposals will be supported with $1,500 in funding for consumables and materials according to prevailing UROP funding guidelines. You may refer the UROP webpage for more information.
Alternatively, students who aspire to pursue a research-related career may consider applying for the SUTD Honours and Research Programme (SHARP) at the point of admission

Will SUTD grant credit transfer/waiver and/or exemption of modules for polytechnic students/students transferring from other universities?

No, due to the unique structure and rigour of the SUTD curriculum, all students will need to enrol in and go through the same programme in the freshman year and first term of the sophomore year (Freshmore) before choosing a major thereafter. SUTD does not grant any exemption of modules, unless you have taken the SUTD course previously under a special arrangement. 

Do any of the courses offer direct honours?

SUTD uses the cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) criteria based on a 5.0 system to recognise our students’ academic excellence. Students who graduate with a CGPA of 3.0 and above will be awarded an honours based on the degree classification in the table below, while those graduating with a CGPA below 3.0 and above 2.0 will receive a Pass classification (without honours).

CGPA Range Class of Honours
4.50 and above/5.00 Honours with Highest Distinction
4.00 – 4.49/5.00 Honours with Distinction
3.50 – 3.99/5.00 Honours with Merit
3.00 – 3.49/5.00 Honours
2.00 – 2.99/5.00 Pass


Are students required to participate in internships while studying at SUTD?

All SUTD undergraduates are required to complete a 16-week internship. More information on SUTD’s career services can be found here.

When is the start of term/Academic Year?

Please refer to our academic calendar. From AY2020 onwards, the start of term for each cohort will be in September.

When would I be receiving matriculation details, including information on laptop requirements/ purchases etc?

The Office of Student Administration (OSA) will be sending out an Online Matriculation Exercise (OMEx) guide when you are informed to start OMEx:

  • in Dec (for returning NSmen who would like to matriculate earlier in January of your intake year); or

  • in June (for other students matriculating in the same year).

This guide details the administrative procedures and required documents to complete the online matriculation.

Subsequently in August, OSA will send out a Freshmen Guide to provide more information about matriculation and start of term in September. Laptop promotional deals will also be released in August.

You may contact the Office of Student Administration at or 6499 4060 if you have specific queries relating to the procedures, forms, etc.

Note: Find out more details regarding the benefits of early matriculation.

I’m an international student. Am I required to apply for a Student Pass and when can I do so?

International Students who have accepted SUTD’s admission offer will need to apply for a Student’s Pass (STP). This can only be done not more than 2 months before the commencement of course. You will need to submit STP application to the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) as soon as possible upon receiving the registration details from SUTD via email. Successful applicants will receive an In-Principle Approval for STP (STP-IPA).
If you are a Dependant's Pass (DP) holder, you are still required to apply for an STP. However, if the duration of the course is shorter than the duration of the DP, you may opt to be issued a Letter of Consent (LOC) to study in SUTD. As a DP holder requesting for an LOC to study in SUTD, you must indicate your intention in the remarks column in the ICA eForm16.

Will there be any orientation for Freshmores?

Yes, do refer to the Academic Calendar for the Freshmore Orientation dates. More details on the orientation activities can be found in the Freshmen Guide, which will be sent to incoming freshmores by Office of Student Administration.

Is the DBS Super campus card compulsory and is there any annual fee?

Yes, the card is compulsory for SUTD students. It is an all-in-one card that acts as your SUTD Student Identification card, Campus Access card, Visa Debit card, ATM card, NETS card and EZ-Link card. There are no annual fees for the DBS SUTD Visa Debit Card.

  • Students are required to have an existing DBS Bank Account before applying for the campus card. You may choose not to activate the ATM function upon receiving the debit card.

  • This card does not include concessionary rates for public transport. You are advised to apply for the Tertiary Student EZ-Link Concession card from TransitLink separately to enjoy the concession rate. The university will provide more information on the Tertiary Student EZ-Link Concession card application period at a later date.

How do I open a DBS account if I am overseas?

You can apply for the DBS super campus card after you arrive in Singapore.

Do I have to apply for the Tertiary Student EZ-Link Concession card on my own or will the school help students with the application?

You will need to apply for the Tertiary Student Concession card from TransitLink to enjoy the concession rate. The university will provide more information on the application period at a later date.

What can I use the Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA) funds for? If I have applied for and been awarded Tuition Fee Loan (TFL) and/or Study Loan (SL), can I still use my PSEA funds?

You may use your own or your siblings' PSEA funds to pay for tuition fees, compulsory miscellaneous fees and hostel fees (for Freshmore terms where the hostel stay is compulsory). PSEA funds can also be used for enrichment programmes such as overseas student programmes and local and overseas conferences/competitions approved and endorsed by the University. The withdrawal limit is up to the PSEA balance.
For more information and application, please refer to the PSEA page.
For enquiries, please write to:

If you have been awarded the TFL and/or SL, the PSEA funds will be used first to offset your tuition fees and compulsory miscellaneous fees. The TFL and SL will then be applied to clear any outstanding tuition fees after deducting your PSEA funds.

How do I check the balance in / withdraw funds from my Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA)?

You can check your PSEA balance by contacting MOE at 6260 0777 or

Funds can be withdrawn from your PSEA either by submitting a Standing Order application or an Adhoc Withdrawal application. Please refer to the PSEA page for details on the withdrawal process.

I have obtained a loan under the CPF Education Loan Scheme (CPFELS) to finance my tuition fee payable but I have yet to receive a bill for my tuition fee. Why?

Tuition and related fees are billed at the start of the term.

If you have applied for CPF Education Loan Scheme for settlement of tuition fees, please note that the CPF withdrawn amount will only be reflected in your statement of account after Week 3 of the term after due processing.

The amount of funds withdrawn from CPF account is subject to available and eligible funds for withdrawal by CPF Board.

When do I start repaying my loan under the CPF Education Loan Scheme (CPFELS)?

Repayment starts one year after graduation or on leaving the course, whichever is earlier. The maximum repayment period is 12 years.

How can I apply for the Tuition Fee Loan (TFL) and Study Loan (SL)?

Tuition Fee Loan (TFL):

Study Loan (SL):

  • Download the SL Application Form and the Document Checklist.
  • Ensure that the SL form is duly completed and submit it along with the required supporting documents to the Office of Student Administration (OSA) via one of the following modes as stated on the SL webpage.
  • Applicants will be informed of the application outcome via email.
  • Successful applicants are to collect the approval letter from OSA in person and proceed directly to a DBS branch in Singapore to complete the application.
  • Please refer to the SL Application Procedures for more information.

What are the criteria to be a Guarantor for both Tuition Fee Loan (TFL) and Study Loan (SL)?

Your Guarantor must fulfil the following:

  • Must be between the ages of 21 and 60 years old.
  • Must not be an undischarged bankrupt or be a student pursuing full-time education.
  • May not serve in this capacity for more than two outstanding student loans, including this loan.
  • Must be a SC for an applicant who is a SC.
  • Can be either a SC or a SPR for an applicant who is a SPR.
  • Can be of any nationality for an applicant who is an IS.

Can I mail the Tuition Fee Loan (TFL)/ Study Loan (SL) application documents to DBS Singapore?

No. You will have to submit the application documents in person to one of the DBS branches in Singapore.

Do I have to pay interest for Tuition Fee Loan (TFL)/ Study Loan (SL) during my course of study and when does repayment of the loan commence?

TFL and SL are interest-free during the course of study i.e. interest will only be computed upon graduation and is based on the average prime rate of the 3 local banks (DBS, OCBC, and UOB).

TFL: Repayment should be made not later than 2 years after graduation or on securing employment, whichever is earlier.

SL: Repayment commences within 6 months after graduation or upon graduates securing employment, whichever is earlier.

For further queries, please contact DBS directly.

What should I do if my Guarantor(s) and I are not in Singapore?

How can I apply for the CPF Education Loan Scheme (CPFELS)?

Singapore Citizen and Singapore Permanent Resident: Application is to be made via CPF Board portal. You will need to access the portal with your SingPass.

International Student: Email for the Application for Use of CPF Savings under the Education Loan Scheme form (FORM AES/F1).

Please refer to the CPF Education Loan Scheme webpage for the application window. Students will also be notified via email. Those who are already on the scheme do not have to re-apply.
More information is available at CPF Board portal.

For enquiries, please contact the CPF Call Centre at 1800-227-1188 or email

Do Tuition Fee Loan (TFL) and Study Loan (SL) cover full tuition fees for Singapore Permanent Residents (SPR) and International Students (IS)?

No. TFL and SL will not cover the tuition fees of SPR and IS in full as the loan amount is capped at the subsidised tuition fees for Singapore Citizens (SC).

Do Tuition Fee Loan (TFL) and Study Loan (SL) cover Compulsory Miscellaneous Fees (CMF) and hostel fees?

TFL and SL do not cover CMF and hostel fees. However, students may consider applying for a living allowance under the SL which can provide up to S$3,600 per year.

If my tuition fees are fully covered by a scholarship, can I apply for living allowance only under the Study Loan (SL)?

Yes, you may apply for a living allowance under the SL if your scholarship does not provide any allowance.

What if the DBS branch in my home country (for International Students) does not provide verification services?

Am I eligible for the SUTD Community Grant (SCG)?

Please refer to the SUTD Community Grant page for the eligibility criteria.

How do I apply for the SUTD Community Grant (SCG)?

Students need not submit applications for this grant. Eligible students will be notified via email.

Do I need to offer a contrasting subject? Will the contrasting subject be considered in the UAS?

Yes, there is no change to the contrasting subject requirement at the GCE A-Level examinations. Students will be required to offer four content-based A-Level subjects of which at least three must be H2 subjects, and at least one must be a contrasting subject from outside their area of specialisation (i.e., subject from the Mathematics & Science domain for students in the Arts stream, and subject from the Humanities & Arts domain for students in the Science stream) that may be offered at either H1 or H2.
From AY2026 AU admissions, the fourth H1/H2 content-based subject (which may be a contrasting subject) will only be included in the computation of UAS if it improves the score for students who sat for the GCE A-Level examinations in 2025 and after.

Will I be eligible for SUTD admission if I fail Project Work (PW)?

From AY2026, all applicants presenting local GCE A-Level qualifications will need to present a Pass grade in PW to be eligible for admission.
From the 2024 JC1/PU2 cohort, should a student fail PW but is promoted to JC2/PU3, the junior college/Millennia Institute (JC/MI) will assess on a case-by-case basis whether to offer the option to re-take PW in JC2/PU3.
Students who fail PW and are also not promoted to JC2/PU3, will have to offer PW again.

I am a private candidate/I have been exempted from PW. Do I need to offer PW to gain entry into SUTD?

Private candidates or students who have been exempted from PW are not subject to the requirement to have a Pass in PW.

Can I choose the method to compute my UAS (based on current or revised A-Level curriculum)?

The method to compute UAS will depend on the year the applicant sat for the GCE A-Level examinations and the year of application. Applicants will not be able to select the UAS computation method.

I sat for the GCE A-Level examinations in 2024 or earlier. How will my UAS be computed if I apply for admission to SUTD in AY2026 or later?

For admission in AY2026 and AY2027
For applicants who sat for the GCE A-Level examination in 2024 or earlier, their PW, as well as H1 and H2 content-based subject grades will be taken into consideration for UAS computation, as per current practice. Applicants who offered H2 KI can use it in lieu of H1 GP and the H1 content-based subject in UAS computation. Their UAS will be computed on the existing 90-point scale and proportionately weighted to the revised 70-point scale.
For admissions from AY2028
Regardless of the year of GCE A-Level examination, applicants’ UAS will be computed using the revised 70-point scale.
The PW grade will not be considered in the UAS computation from AY2028. An applicant would be considered to have met the requirement for admission if he/she presents a Pass grade in PW. If an applicant had previously offered H2 Knowledge & Inquiry (KI) in lieu of H1 General Paper (GP), the H2 KI grade will be considered as the H1 GP grade in the revised UAS computation from AY2028.

If I sat for the GCE A-Level examinations in 2024 or earlier, will I lose out to my peers with the revised UAS computation method when applying to SUTD?

Admission to SUTD is based on open competition and merit. SUTD assesses applicants holistically, taking into consideration both academic and non-academic aspects.

I sat for the GCE A-Level examination in 2024 or earlier. Will I be allowed to use H2 KI as one of my H2 content-based subjects in the UAS computation when I apply to SUTD in AY2026 or later?

Applicants who had sat for the GCE A-Level examinations in 2024 or earlier and offered H2 Knowledge & Inquiry (KI) in lieu of H1 General Paper (GP) will not be allowed to use H2 KI as a H2 content-based subject in the UAS computation as the H2 KI grade will be required to fulfil the H1 GP requirement under the revised UAS computation.