Criteria for Admission
Use this application form if you (regardless of nationality) are applying with actual Singapore-Cambridge A-level results. Please submit only one electronic application form as duplicate applications would not be processed.
New A-Level Curriculum (H1/H2/H3 Subjects)
You should possess good passes in at least three H2 content-based subjects, one H1 content-based subject, Project Work and General Paper (GP) or Knowledge & Inquiry (KI). Other acceptable subject combinations include: four H2 content-based subjects, Project Work and GP; or three H2 content-based subjects, Project Work and KI.
Mother Tongue Language (MTL)
You should also meet the Mother Tongue Language (MTL) requirement for admission by having one of the following:
- minimum of D7 for the higher MTL paper taken at the O-Level examination
- minimum of ‘S’ grade for the H1 MTL paper or General Studies in Chinese
- minimum of 'S' grade for the H2 MTL paper taken at the A-Level examination
- a pass in the MTL 'B' Syllabus paper at the A-Level examination
If you have been exempted from MTL as approved by MOE, the MOE-approved subject-in-lieu will be considered as your MTL subject. If you do not meet the requirement above, you may be admitted on a provisional basis and will be required to attain the MTL within the period of you University study.
Computation of University Score
When computing the University Score, we will take into consideration the following:
- The best three H2 and one H1 content-based subjects, of which one must be a contrasting subject
- GP or KI (taken in the same sitting as the H2 subjects)
- Project Work (PW)
Please note that SAT, SAT Subject Tests and AP scores are optional. Do visit the US College Board website for details and registration. You should indicate 6532 (SUTD Institution Code) on your SAT registration forms, so that the scores will be sent directly to us by the US College Board.
Online Application Form
We accept only online application. For an overview of the online application process, click here.